- 400 pgs (paperback 2011 edition) - It felt more like 200 pgs!
- A gripping read
- Narrator - 5 year old child
- Emotional, haunting also quite unique
What We Discussed:
- The author, her background and how she wrote the book.
- Our Initial reactions - We all delved into this book without knowing what it was all about so we were gradually hit with the reality of what we were reading. Perhaps, this was best for it became a book that captured our hearts as the story moved on.
- The characters - We found the relationship between mother and son very special - Loved the language of the child - Also discussed Old Nick - Officer Oh - other characters
- The room - We looked at a floor plan of the room ( See - Floor Plan for picture )
- Josef Fritzl and Amanda Berry
The author's website has useful information with interesting links - See Emma Donoghue
Also the book has an interactive website - See Room
|This image is from the above website|
Writing Room - How and Why by Emma Donoghue