A most enjoyable read.
audiobook read by Dan O'Grady
(narrator's voice suited the voice we imagined the protagonist to have ... it took getting used to, but those who had the audio, enjoyed it too)
What we discussed:
- The author. Some of us had been to the Perth Writer's Festival last month and had attended sessions and interviews with him. It was interesting to hear him speak about his writing and great to have the opportunity to see him in person.
- The Rosie Effect, the next book was mentioned ... A couple of us have started reading it and are enjoying it immensely.
- The many book covers of The Rosie Project.
- The possibility of a real character like the protagonist being able to do all the things that he did in the book? Noooooo ..... but it was lots of fun!
- Each characters and how we responded and related to each of them, ie Don, Gene, Claudia, Rosie.... also, their relationship with each other.
- Who was Rosie's father? We had a long discussion about this as we were were a little confused at the end of the book and had come up with different ideas. It was a question of interpretation and everyone had something to say. It was with great relief that we ended up deciding on the one person that we felt the author had meant to reveal.
- Asperger's Syndrome.
Graeme Simsion website
Reading group guide (Simon and Schuster)
Discussion Questions (Lit. Lovers)
Rosie Project - The Bookclub (ABC)
From The Age - Article by Erica Cervini
The Rosie Project quiz - which character are you?